Everything here is designed to make you feel good.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Seeking the Kingdom of God

By Jordan Austin

Do you want to ponder an amazing thought? Just think
about this. . . even when we aren't faithful, God is. He loves us that
much. He is continually seeking a relationship with us no matter our
present circumstances. He loves us unconditionally, without failing. He
does not judge us; He does not condemn us. He just continues to pour
out His love to us. How many of us can honestly say that we have
another relationship that is even slightly comparable to this? I can't.
And yet, when I need Him the most, I have a tendency to push Him away.

How
does God do it? How can he love us so much? To this I could not even
conjecture an answer. But, what I do know is that when I turn my life
over to Him- no matter what is happening in my life- things began to
change. Is it always the changes for which I specifically ask? No. Do I
always get what I want? Not even close. However, do things always turn
out even better than I could have imagined? Absolutely.

I have
made a new commitment to Jesus. Throughout the day, I tell Him how I am
doing, how I am feeling- just basically what's going on with me. If
nothing else, it's always comforting to know that someone is listening
who really cares about me.

There are many times in my life I
place my dependence on worldly things instead of placing my dependence
upon God. But, when I do place my dependence entirely upon Him,
wonderful changes really do take place.

I know that God's wish
for me above anything is that I live a life that is happy, joyous, and
free. The only way I am able to do that is to keep Him at the center of
it. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself; stop dwelling on the past.
I need to live each day to the best of my ability realizing that it is
a gift from God. And the greatest gift I can be to Him is to have my
life be a testimony to His power, strength, and never-ending love.

Sure,
I get caught up in the hum-drum of life; I would be a liar if I said I
didn't. However, when these times come (as they sometimes do), I need
to just stop for a moment and look at all for which I truly can be
grateful.

I believe that God is not through with me yet. In fact,
I believe that He has just begun to work miracles in my life by doing
things through me that I could never have possibly done by myself. I
want to share this with others, because I know God can work miracles in
your life, too. All you have to do is trust. Trust in God and honestly
seek a relationship with Him and His son, Jesus. And if you get down
and wonder if it's all really worth it, just remember- the best is yet
to come.

http://www.outskirtspress.com/secondchances


No comments: