Everything here is designed to make you feel good.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Focus on God

By Terry Weber

When I get in my car to drive to the store, I
immediately focus my attention on what I'm doing...I'd better because
if I don't we both know what can happen!

When I get on my
high-speed catamaran sailboat or my even faster sailing iceboat, I just
naturally focus my attention on precisely what I'm doing and what's
going on around me because I want the voyage to include both top
quality enjoyment and personal survival.

When I used to fly a
Piper Cub or Cessna 150 light airplane or a hang-glider as a student
pilot, if I didn't focus my attention strictly on what I was doing and
what was going on around me, I was in serious trouble - to say the
least.

What I needed in all of those activities was a clear
vision of what I was doing and what was going on in the world
immediately around me. I needed to see clearly and keep my attention
alert and centered.

As Christians, in these times of financial
struggle, recession, political upheaval and the other problems in the
world around us, we need to be aware of all of those situations.

But, even more important, we must constantly remind ourselves to avoid worry about them because we know God is in control.

Finally,
we need to be wary and careful and prudent and keep a tight rein on our
emotions and, at the same time, be sure our faith is immovably -
focused on God.

http://www.originalsbyweber.com
52.7-12

Terry
Weber is a retired advertising/direct mail sales letter copywriter and
inventor of several useful items. Terry and his wife Doris are Habitat
For Humanity, RV Care-A- Vanners who, for the past eight years have
volunteered to help build more than 39 houses all over the USA. They
travel to and from the 2-week long builds in their RV. The money they
make on their http://www.originalsbyweber.com website helps them pay their expenses to and from those volunteer Habitat builds.

P.S.
Due to the high cost of gasoline and some recent health problems we can
no longer drive the RV to Habitat builds. The RV is parked until
gasoline prices come down and health improves.


No comments: