Everything here is designed to make you feel good.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Christian Meditation - The Home in Your Heart

By Deborah Kukal, Ph.D.

I was meditating freely in my safe and holy place, the protected place in my heart where I rest in the Lord, when I noticed a path through the trees. At the end of the path, across a wide meadow, was a snug little cabin...with a wide porch, and smoke curling up from the chimney. Even though I'd never seen it before, I recognized it immediately. It was the home in my heart.

I went in and sat in the big chair by the fire, with Jesus nearby, just slowly feeling safe in His presence...experiencing His love. No words were needed. Drifting in from the kitchen I heard the sound of gentle laughter, and I knew my dear ones, the ones who love me, were safe and happy, close by.

I've been there many times since then, resting in the home in my heart, mostly during meditation, and sometimes for brief glimpses in my daily life. It has been a joy and a resource.

Recently I was faced with a situation that seemed to threaten my safety, and tugged at all the over-reactions I'm still so capable of. But this time, instead of reacting, I let it go, and flew to the arms of my Savior, there in the home in my heart.

I know that sounds hokey! But those were the words that came to me, as I turned to Him for renewal. No rushing to fix things that weren't mine to fix, no over-reacting to calm my anxiety. Just resting in His consolation, there in the home in my heart.

In my meditation I was filled with His love. The fear and tension unknotted, and I was calm. And then-what a gift! A whole new way of being, of living safely in love, revealed itself to me. All because I stopped to take strength from Him.

And the gift continues. A dearly loved one of our family faces sudden, life-threatening health challenges, and the shock and helplessness are overwhelming at times. We pray, and share His words of hope and comfort. But for me, it doesn't get all the way inside till I go to the home in my heart, lay it all out before Him, and rest in His comfort and love.

You too will face times of pain and grief, times of fear and anxiety. I recorded "The Home in Your Heart" meditation as a path to the home in your heart, to your place of safety where He can comfort you with His love.

Just as the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. So, abide in my love. John 15:9

Wishing you a blessed journey, and joy in the home in your heart,

Dr. Deb

Dr. Deb Kukal's Christian meditation CDs will nourish your physical health and enrich your emotional life, as well as deepening your intimacy with the Lord. Dr. Kukal is a licensed psychologist who has been teaching health based meditation in a hospital setting for more than 15 years.

To learn more about meditation, and try a free guided Christian meditation, visit Dr. Kukal at her website, http://www.joyofchristianmeditation.com

No comments: