Everything here is designed to make you feel good.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Communicating with God: The Great Feeling of Communicating with God

By: Michael Lee

You don’t need to be a Christian or a church regular to be communicating with God. We need Him more than ever because life carries with it a lot of challenges. And these challenges can sometimes be too much for us to handle alone.

In order to make it through in one piece, you will need the help of others. And more often than not, you will need the help of the One who has given you life. But there’s no need to be overwhelmed.

Communicating with God is an opportunity for you to understand more of yourself and what life has in store for you. It is a journey of discovery in itself. God works in mysterious ways. You may not always understand what His plans are, but know that He only has your best interests in mind.

I know this to be true. At one point in my life, I felt lost and abandoned. Everyday, I followed the same routine over and over again. I was unhappy with my work and miserable with everything else. Something was missing but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. I desperately wished for something to happen. As cheesy as this sounds, I wanted something to fill the emptiness in my soul.

Then one day, I happened to pass by the local church in our community. I wasn’t a church regular and hardly attended mass at all. But at that moment, I felt like stopping by. A church choir was practicing inside.

I closed my eyes and listened to the religious hymns. The pure harmony of the voices and the music amazed me. At that moment, I felt like I was communicating with God. A sense of happiness welled up inside me and I felt better than I had ever been for the past few months.

After that experience, I became livelier and was able to appreciate more of what life offered me. My work habits improved greatly and I was able to see the beauty in all the things that surrounded me. Needless to say, I felt right about my life. I realized that this was my way of communicating with God. By finding inspiration in my environment, I was able to discover more things about myself and about other people as well.

Communicating with God is different for everybody. My experience will probably be not the same as yours. However, one thing is for certain. As long as you open your heart and reach out to Him, you will find life to be a fulfilling and exciting journey.

Read my personal story in communicating with God, and the amazing events that occurred as a result of my faith and belief in Him. Experience the miracle at http://www.squidoo.com/communicatingwithgod

No comments: