By Dr Bob Wilkerson
Psalm 46: 1-3 (NIV)
God is our refuge and strength, and ever-present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
The Hiding Place
The mountains are quaking, and moving. The sea is roaring and river of mankind's heart is flowing with fear. What in the world is going on and where do we hide from all that is happening on planet earth? Have you read today's headlines?
Copied from Foxnews.com
• Violence Surrounds Production of Mini-Car in West Bengal
• Zimbabwe Opposition Wins Vote for Parliament Speaker
• Ex-Pakistani PM Nawaz Sharif to Quit Ruling Coalition
• Report: Nazi Doctor's Son Wants Father Declared Dead
• Iraqi Woman With Bomb Vest Surrenders
• Small Plane Crashes in Guatemala, Killing 10
• Alleged Al Qaeda Figure Arrested in Journalist's Abduction
• Marine Channels Near-Death Experience to Help Peru's Poor
• U.S. Official: Iran-Bound Jet Crashes in Kyrgyzstan
• Spanair Flight Makes Unscheduled Landing in Malaga
• Filipino Government Continues Attacks on Guerillas
• Survivor: Wing Dipped Sharply Before Madrid Crash
• Afghan Group: 88 Dead in Fighting, U.S. Investigates
• Abandoned Baby Kept Alive by Mother Dog, Her Puppies
The above list is just a tiny drop in the bucket. This list does include the weather and other catastrophic events occurring right now in the USA and the world. What do we do and how do we survive?
In times like these, we have a refuge, a hiding place. Our refuge is faith in God. Come on, that sound so simplistic and it is simple. When your world is falling apart around you trust God. When divorce, addiction and other events strike run towards the only power, which has the ability to keep you safe through the storm. He is waiting for you and wants you to place all your faith and hope in Him through Jesus Christ. Faith is a tried and proven method of survival and tested many times over the years by millions of people.
No matter what is going on in the world God is still large and in charge. If the mountains fall, God is still in charge. When waters roar God is still in charge. The bible tells us to seek him and we will find Him. Let me encourage you to place your hope in God. Run to your hiding place, God. He works if you let Him do His job.
Dr Bob Wilkerson is author of the book, "I Will Not Be Defeated Anymore". He is dedicated to helping others recover from life altering circumstances. Dr. Bob is a motivational speaker/singer with a true life story of God's power to change any individuals life. If you would like more information go to http://www.freewebs.com/bobwilkerson