Everything here is designed to make you feel good.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

God Keeps His Promises

By Pamela Maddox

Broken Promises

My niece called me late one evening, she was crying on the other end of phone. I asked her what was wrong, and she said weeping; so and so did not keep her promise to pick me up. She said, I have been waiting all day and she has not come or returned my calls. I felt for her, as I imagined her waiting in anticipation all day long and becoming anxious as the time went by. My heart went out to her and I tried to assure her that sometimes things happen that make it impossible to fulfill a promise, but to be patient and that it would be alright. After hanging up from my conversation with my niece, I thought how many times have we made a promise we could not keep, or to be honest, how often have we made a promise and simply did not keep it? Then I thought of our heavenly Father who has made us promises that he would never brake. 2 Peter chapter 3 verse 9 says, The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness;

It is amazing how God orchestrates things to affirm or to teach us a spiritual lesson through ordinary situations.

It has been over 2,000 years since Jesus ascended up to sit on the right hand of the Father. But before he left, he gave us a promise, and the promise is still good. It is found in the book of St John chapter 14 and it says,

Let not your heart be troubled; ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you, I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto; myself that where I am, there ye may be also.

What an awesome promise! And no matter how long the wait, it will be worth every second.

By Pamela Maddox

Author Bio

God is a keeper! is her testimony as she travels throughout the country speaking the word of God. After speaking at one of countless women's conferences, it was said,"I never heard a woman preach, like that in all my life!" Evangelist Maddox is an energetic speaker, who pours out of her heart, what God has spoken while in her secret closet, to edify, and encourage the body of Christ, that it may be rapture ready.

Evangelist Pamela Maddox, is the proud wife to Elder Marcus E. Maddox, Pastor of Exodus Ministries, Inc. in the "Beautiful City" of Englewood, Ohio, where she serves as Co Pastor and CEO. Evangelist Maddox is the Founder of the Kept Women of God Conferences, and The Diamonds Program, a ministry for young ladies age 10-18.

Evangelist Maddox, received her Bachelors degree in Christian Education, from Grace International Bible College, where she graduated Cum laude. She has ministered in word and song throughout the United States in women's conferences, revivals, youth conventions, and special events. Under her directorship, Faith Temple Pentecostal Church of God Adult Choir, recorded it's first CD entitled "Over in Zion," which has ministered to countless souls across the country.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Pamela_Maddox

No comments: