Everything here is designed to make you feel good.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Communicating With God Barrier 2 - Not Wanting to Hear His Answer - Talk to the Hand!

By Genie Goodwin

Are you looking for spiritual guidance in your life, but having a hard time hearing it?

I've been married for 28 years to the love of my life and sometimes a big pain in my neck! After all these years he finishes my sentences. Unfortunately, with what he wants to say, not what I want to say!

"I know what you're going to say"... he conveniently skips what he thinks is coming to head me off at the pass and talk me into his point. He's smart enough not to put his hand in my face and say, "Talk to the hand," but it is effectively, although more elegantly, the same maneuver.

Yet, after all these years he is a man and I am a woman, still opposites to the core. That means often he doesn't have a clue what I'm about to say and I'm equally clueless to his forthcoming opinions, leaving us both in confusion.

Being opposites doesn't mean that we don't or can't get along. It means I open his world to a new realm of experiences as he does mine; IF we are open to listening and following.

Without him I wouldn't have traveled to remote parts of the world, be a racquetball fanatic, enjoy candle lit bubble baths, or be an advanced skier. Granted, his taking me to the top of a ski mountain and whooshing away with a jovial, "See you at the bottom," is not the path I would have chosen.

Yet, after many years and adventures, I love him more than ever and trust him; so I listen and enter new adventures. Like the candy-apple red mountain bike I now regularly speed down mountains on.

How often do you put your hand in front of God and say: "Talk to the hand, I don't want to hear it. I know what you're going to say God, and I don't want it. You're going to make me give up something I don't want to, or do something I don't want to do?"

Every time you pray and don't listen for His answer you've put your hand in His face.

Every time you come up with your own plans and don't listen for His, you've become your own god.

Every time you think you know what would bring fulfillment and happiness better than He does, you've finished His sentences with your own plans; effectively stopping His.

Each time you put your hand in His face you prove you don't trust or love Him and miss out on His amazing, powerful plans for you. You destroy your relationship with Him by not listening, because you don't want to hear what He has to say.

More importantly, you're stuck with your own plans! That circumvents the miraculous life He desires to give you and the fulfillment that only He can bring.

Can you communicate with someone you won't listen to? No, because there is no relationship.

In an act of love and trust to the One Who deserves it more than any one else on the planet- I challenge you to listen to Him today, trusting that He only wants good for you and will lead you step by step into it.

Start communicating with God right now. Tell Him you love Him, out loud, and then LISTEN quietly for His answer. He deserves it and you need to hear His answer.

If you'd like more help, I invite you to get the FREE Special Report: Communicating with God - The 5 Most Common Barriers to Hearing God.

For more questions or personalized help, schedule your private life coaching session, e-mail me at: genie@geniegoodwin.com

No comments: